University and Commonwealth Government Scholarships are available for international applicants. These scholarships are available to undertake research higher degree programme at the University of Newcastle.
The aim of the Commonwealth Government Scholarship is to enable and encourage academically able students from any nationality.
Applicants must have completed at least four years of undergraduate study and have attained Honours Class 1 or equivalent and a high grade point average (GPA) and satisfy the English proficiency requirement (IELTS of at least 6.5).
- Application Deadline: November 19, 2018
- Course Level: Scholarships are available to undertake research higher degree programme.
- Study Subject: Scholarships are offered in diverse fields to help students in upgrading their education.
- Scholarship Award: A scholarship funded by the University of Newcastle or the Commonwealth Government provides:
- An annual living allowance $27,082 per annum (2018 rate – indexed annually)
The scholarship may also include:
- A relocation allowance (up to $1,500)
- A full tuition fee scholarship
- A laptop for your research studies
- Overseas student health cover (OSHC) (Single cover for international candidates)
PhD scholarships are for three and a half years and Masters scholarships are for two years, less any tenure already completed towards a research degree.
- Number of Scholarships: The number of scholarships available will be subject to Research and Innovation Division budget.
- Nationality: International Students
- Scholarship can be taken in the Australia
Eligibility for the Scholarship: