Ikeja Electricity Distribution Company (IKEDC) – Buoyed by a mission to redefine customer experience and be the provider of choice wherever energy is consumed, Ikeja Electricity Distribution Plc (Ikeja Electric), Nigeria’s largest power distribution network powers lives and businesses with innovation and unwavering drive for excellence. The company began its new phase of growth and expansion on November 1st, 2013 following the handover of the defunct Power Holding Company of Nigeria (PHCN) to NEDC/ KEPCO Consortium under the privatization scheme of the Federal Government of Nigeria.
QHSE System Audit and Compliance Officer
- Job TypeFull Time
- Job Field Safety and Environment / HSE
Reporting To: HSE System Audit and Compliance Specialist
- The job holder offers operational support to the Specialist, HSE System Audit & Compliance and work closely with him to develop HSE Management System strategies and ensure compliance with NERC regulations, other applicable legislation and International standards (ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001).
- Participate in compliance reviews, general risk assessments and other safety assessments to support Health, Safety and Environmental management.
- Maintain relevant HSE logs and documentation for the Department
- Participate in detailed incident investigations and root Cause Analysis
- Assist in compliance reviews, general risk assessments and other safety assessments to support Health, Safety and Environmental management.
- Ensure that document control for policies, procedures, processes and forms are maintained and consistent.
- Assist in monitoring compliance with the Company’s HSE Management Systems by carrying out periodic visits to field locations and internal auditing of operational activities.
- Work with the Line Manager to monitor and update the HSE risks register and ensure all mitigation plans are strictly adhere to companywide
- Perform any other duties assigned by the Specialist, HSE System Audit & Compliance or HOD
- A Bachelor’s Degree in any related course from a reputable University
- Fresh graduate with NYSC Certificate and must have a passion for HSE Management
- QHSE competency certification is an added advantage.
- Basic knowledge of the Power Sector and safety management.
- Excellent use of IT (MS Word, Excel, Power Point, other IT tools)
- Good documentation skills
- Good communication skills
- Discipline & Integrity
- Communication skills.
- Business ethics.
- Great analytical skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to influence others
- Good Intuitive and observatory skills
- Good listening and questioning skills
- Leadership Skills
- Coaching skills.
Interested and qualified? Go to Ikeja Electricity Distribution Company career website on careers.ikejaelectric.com to apply